Comment on page
SharePoint Online Lists
Unified Contacts Pro only.
Unified Contacts Pro can search for contacts in SharePoint Online lists. You can use a contact list in SharePoint Online in different fashions:
- As bridge technology to export your customer contact data from any third party database and import it to SharePoint Online
- To deploy a centralized, shared contact list in your departments or business units
To optimize the search in SharePoint Online, Unified Contacts Pro searches for a dedicated SharePoint content type - contacts. Therefor your contacts needs to be stored in a SharePoint Online Contacts list or a List where the content type "contacts" is assigned to.
Users will only be able to search a SharePoint Online list if they have (read-) permissions to access the list and the site under which it is stored.
This article describes how to create a new SharePoint Online list and assign the correct content type.
- Open the SharePoint Online site where you would like to store the contacts
- Create a new list by clicking "Settings" -> "Add an app"
- Open the classic view by clicking "classic experience"
- Select "Custom List"
- Define a name for the list and create it
The list you just created must be of the "Contacts" content type to be found with Unified Contacts. One option is to assign a content type to a SharePoint list, and all newly created items in the list inherit the content type of that list.
Therefore, add the Contact content type and remove the default content type from the list.
- Open the SharePoint Online list
- Open list settings by clicking "Settings" --> "List settings"
- Open "Advanced settings"
- Enable "Allow management of content types" and save the changes by clicking "OK" at bottom of the page.
- SharePoint opens the settings page and you will see the section "Content Types"
- Click "Add from existing site content types"
- Add "Contact" and save the changes by clicking "OK"
- Click on "Default content type" and delete it