Comment on page
Unified Contacts Free
To install Unified Contacts Free in your tenant for the first time, some permissions have to be granted that require the Global Admin or Cloud Application Admin role.
Please follow these steps to install Unified Contacts Free in your tenant:
- 2.If you are going through App Source, click on "Get it now" and sign in with your M365 credentials. A preview of Unified Contacts should appear in your Teams client.
- 3.Click "Add" and the app will be added to your tenant.
- 4.To enable Unified Contacts to search for contacts in your Azure AD or your Exchange Online contact store, some permissions must be granted by the user and some by an administrator. Unified Contacts will only ask your for read permissions. You will therefore be prompted with the following prompt:
- 5.Click "Continue" and you will be presented with the user consent. Unified Contacts requires the following permissions:
Optional: To suppress the user consent dialogue for your users, consent on behalf of your organization.
- View your basic profile
- Maintain access to data you have given it access to
- 6.After accepting the user consent, Unified Contacts will inform you that some additional steps are required.
- 7.Click "Grant" to invoke the admin consent. Unified Contacts requires the following admin-granted delegated permissions:
- Maintain access to data you have given access to
- Read user and shared contacts
- Sign in and read user profile
- Read all users' full profiles
- Read directory data
- Read presence information of all users in your organization
- 8.Unified Contacts is ready to be used.
After the admin consent is granted, it may initially take up to 60 seconds until the permissions are propagated and the search can be used.